Monday 21 November 2011

Wearing my tall converse

I started this morning wearing my knee length converse xx-hi but after a couple of hours I changed into my black and white converse x-hi. I looked down at them and thought they looked a bit different. I had to compare them side by side before I noticed that the xx-hi had black stitching and the x-hi had white stitching. I already knew that the soles were different - the xx-hi appears to be made of several pieces whereas the x-hi is 'all-in-one'.

What actually surprised me was that I found myself enjoying wearing the shorter x-hi more than the knee length xx-hi. I'm not sure whether it's because they might be a bit more comfortable but I should probably get over my preconception that taller is always better. Taller boots might look better but they aren't always better to wear.
My xx-hi viewed from above (sorry for the blurry photo)
The sole of the xx-hi, made from different sections

The x-hi viewed from above, with the white stitching.
The sole of the x-hi, made from a single piece of rubber

Apparently the difference in the sole depends on where the shoes were made. Any made in china have the multi-part sole but but ones made elsewhere have the all in one sole, although my grey x-hi claim to be made in china but have the all in one sole too.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete